Finally, the biggest Pocket Edition update in history has been released!
The only problem is that they totally forgot about realms! So in 0.8.0 realms don’t work but Mojang is working on a tiny update just to fix this.
Here’s the new feature list:
- Added minecarts, rails, and powered rails.
- Added new blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more.
- Added more blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass.
- Added new crops and food types, including beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. With the new food it is possible to cook new soups, pies, and more.
- Added a bunch of new items for creative and survival, including clocks and compasses.
- The view distance was greatly increased
- New textures and colors taken directly from the PC version
- New AI: mobs are now more intelligent.
- Animals can now be breeded.
- Reworked creative mode inventory so it is better laid out with tabs.
- New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items, such as bonemeal allowing growth of plants.
- Improved lighting and fog effects