– Upgraded the rendering system to use OpenGL ES 2.0 (coming from 1.1), using OpenGL 3.0 where available.
– Ported tinted lighting from the PC edition.
– Ported the round fog from PC.
– Some performance increase on most devices.
– Mesa biome have gold at every height and can spawn mine shafts on the surface.
– Added dust particles falling from unstable Dirt and Sand.
– Added more wood types for fences and gates.
– Added a tweak-able brightness (gamma) setting to adjust the darkness of dark terrain.
– iOS Added a 64-bit build for compatible iOS devices.
– New double-sided lighting on entities and clouds that’s more coherent with the terrain.
– Enabled mipmaps on Android devices supporting GLES 3.0.
– New water shader.
– Water is now brownish in swamps.
– Faster rebuilding of chunks.
– Added smooth lighting on water and smooth color transitions.
– Huge mushrooms now spawn in swamps.
– Ignore swipes from outside the screen so exiting fullscreen/activating Command Center doesn’t turn the view.
– The selection overlay on vines/tall grass now has the correct shape.
– Added a selection overlay on Chests and Signs.
– The error messages when a World can’t be opened are now more informative about what happened.
– Enabled Day/night cycle in Creative.
– Fixed a crash when rendering Mob Spawners.
– iOS Fixed freezing when receiving a notification/showing the Command Center.
– iOS Fixed a crash/memory leak happening when showing the system keyboard – signs and the chat.
– Android fixed a corruption and possible crash when switching apps.
– Fixed the “spawning in the air” bug.
– Fixed a crash when creating lava during world generation.
– Water now pushes things!
– Fixed a white artifact on torches held in hand.
– Fixed holes appearing in the clouds.
– Fixed a brown artifact appearing on the bottom of Minecarts.
– Fixed a random crash in multiplayer.
– Fixed a possible crash when selecting double chests.
– The time of day is now more accurately synced in multiplayer.
More images here-http://imgur.com/a/wvImM