Many long time players of Minecraft PE will remember running good ol’ 0.6.1 or even the first 0.1.2. Now, thanks to a new jailbreak tweak, you can downgrade Minecraft PE to nearly any older version. (Sadly, 0.5.0, 0.6.0, 0.8.0, and 0.11.0 aren’t available).
This tutorial only works for jailbroken iOS users.
If you want to start downgrading, read on below!
1. Backup your worlds!
For this you’ll want to use a tweak called iFile.
- Navigate to /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/
- Search for ‘com.mojang’ in ‘Hierarchy’ mode
- Open the ‘com.mojang’ folder and copy ‘minecraftWorlds’ to your home directory
iOS 7 and less
- Navigate to /var/mobile/Aplications/
- Open the Minecraft PE folder
- Tap ‘Documents’ then ‘games’, then ‘com.mojang’
- Copy ‘minecraftWorlds’ to your home directory
Now that you have a backup of your worlds somewhere, you can restore them if they get damaged somehow.
2. Install the tweak
Click here on your jailbroken device to add the source or add the source below.
Now that you’ve got the source, you can search and install “App Admin”.
3. Downgrade Minecraft!
Downgrading is really easy now.
- Open the App Store
- Search and find Minecraft PE
- Tap ‘Open’
- Tap ‘Downgrade’
- Now, simply tap and choose the version you wish to downgrade to!
Now, I’m running 0.1.2, the very first version ever released. Cool right?