Minecraft: Pocket Edition’s 4th build of the MCPE 0.16.0 beta is here, and it includes some long awaited features. Finally, the famous Wither has been added to the game! Do note this version will show up as 0.15.90.7. Don’t worry, we don’t understand the version numbering either.
MCPE 0.16.0 Beta Build 4 Changelog
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Tweaked the elder guardian’s hitbox.
- Modified natural spawn rates for mobs to where they should be (wither skeleton).
- Fixed performance issues (FPS drop).
- Lots of work on horses.
- Tweaked some UI spacing issues.
- Tweaked some issues with arrows.
- More piston work!
- Mob steps can be heard again.
- Players can fill buckets while underwater, even in creative.
- Fixed it so that potions of harming will kill mobs rather than just making them drop loot.
- Replaced placeholder with the correct names of items.
- Guardian & elder guardian attack animations are visible again.
- Fixed it where mobs don’t get knocked back by splash potions of healing.
- Fixed attribute inconsistencies in mobs & fixed multiple attribute loading bugs (some mobs ran too fast, some mobs had incorrect health, some mobs didn’t show the correct health in their health bar.
- Now fixed crash after joining a LAN game.
- Fixed randomly breaking boats.
- Monster spawner no longer crashes the game when difficulty is set to peaceful.
- Fixed a crash when a player threw a snowball, egg, or splash potions.
- Zombie pigmen no longer hostile towards mobs.
- No more diving when riding a horse, pig, or donkey. (That’s dangerous!)
- Guardian laser beams change color now.
- Markers on maps now correctly show direction when riding (animal, minecart, etc.)
- Gamerule settings now persist in saved games.
- Fixed issue where some mobs no longer dropped items.
- Players again spawn in “safe places” during initial world generation.
- Players no longer float above beds while sleeping. (“There is no Dana, only Zuul.”)
- Fixed crash when server spawns guardians & elder guardians.
- You can hear the laser sound for guardians & elder guardians again.
- Fixed items dropping from mobs incorrectly (not dropping for some, dropping for some that shouldn’t have drops)
- Chat window fixed- automatically updates messages when they come in.
- Two zombie villagers no longer spawn when a single villager is turning into a zombie.
- Status effects no longer present after a player’s death.
- Nether mobs no longer lose fire resistance.
- Fixed projectiles so they can be shot in directions, not just at targets.
- Invisible players can no longer be seen and attacked by mobs.
- Creeper again makes hissing ignition sound.
- Iron golem now has an attack animation again.
- Lightning strikes have sounds again.
- Fireballs fixed: Blaze fireballs set blocks on fire & large fireballs are visible again.
- Fixed assorted crashes when loading/importing older worlds.
- Projectiles no longer hurt the player when reflected.
- Iron golems will attack aggressive mobs again to defend villagers, themselves.
- Fixed rare case of mobs spawning without heads.
- Fixed slime spawning size issues.
- Zombie pigmen are again spawning with golden swords.
- Elder guardian now attacks the player.
- Player no longer gets disconnected from the Realm after suspending & resuming the device/game.
- Fixed a crash when skeleton horse trap got triggered on peaceful.
How do I get the beta?
Check out our article over here to learn how to join the MCPE beta program. It’s really easy, and you get all the cool new features before anyone else!