After months of 0.16.0 beta builds, Minecraft 0.16.0 is finally rolling out to every player on iOS, Android, and Windows 10. The new update includes heaps of amazing new features, such as new mobs, and the amazing new addons & plugins system. Finally, everyone can fight the wither and run command without having to use mods or the beta builds.
One of the features we’ve been most excited about is addons & plugins, which you can read all about here. Addons let you totally revolutionise how an animal behaves. For example, you could make chickens twice as big, or have explosive sheep.
Along with the ability to edit mobs, the update also introduced a few new animals. Withers and guardians are all new to this packed update.
This update also lets you upload your own singleplayer worlds to your Minecraft realms, allowing you to build in any world with your friends.
Changelog for Minecraft 0.16.0
- Ocean Monuments
- Guardians and Elder Guardians
- Prismarine, dark prismarine & prismarine bricks
- Prismarine shard & prismarine crystal
- Sea lantern
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Wet & dry sponges
- Slash commands (with a handy auto complete feature). Enable cheats for a world in the options screen for access, but note that Xbox Live achievements will be disabled when you’re using ‘em!
- Custom key bindings! Hooray for lefties!
- A new Creative inventory search feature
- Add-On section for world settings
- You can change game modes in Realms (note that doing this will restart the realm)
- Ability to upload & download worlds in Realms
- Ability to promote players as operators in Realms
- UI improvements!
- Performance improvements!
- Tweaks to various mob action/behavior triggers, including fixing creeper explosions
- Elder guardian de-buff visuals fixed (feedback from Android beta)
- Fishing rods & arrows will fire in more than just one direction
- Lots of tweaks to water textures to make underwater more fun
- Tweaks to Realms settings
- Visual tweaks to sun, moon & stars when rendering in VR immersive mode
- Ridiculous numbers of bug fixes!