The first 1.0.0 MCPE beta build is available for beta testing! This includes a myriad of new features and tweaks.
This update includes an entirely new dimension: the End. Filled with endermen, enderdragons, and all the new buildings and plants.
It also includes a few additions to the overworld. The world is now twice as high, so you can build up to 256 blocks high instead of 128 blocks high.
Igloos and polar bears can now be found in snowy areas of the world, which make world far more interesting and diverse. Strongholds are also now fully implemented, so make sure you hunt around to try and find them!
One of my favourite features in this update is the Elytra wings. This item, found in the End, lets you glide off of tall places to land safely on the ground.
It can be really enjoyable to jump off a cliff, do a few loops, and land safely on the land below.
Do note, playing on multiplayer realms doesn’t work in the beta builds. Also, the build number will show as 0.17.1, not 1.0.0.
- The END
- End Cities
- End Ships
- Ender Pearls
- Eye of Ender
- Ender Chest
- Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Dragon head
- Chorus fruit
- Popped chorus fruit
- End stone
- End poem
- Purpur blocks
- End Rod
- Dragon Egg
- Exit Portal
- End Gateway
- Ender charge
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Dragon’s breath
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Ender crystals
- 256 world height!
- World seed library
- Polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented – strongholds have a chance of spawning randomly in newly generated chunks. You’re not limited to only three!
- Support for world templates
- Stronger validation of Add-Ons manifest- you may need to update them.
- Sound & music effect volume issues fixed.
- Fixed issues with text lagging when updating (& not updating scroll bar visibility, too.)
- Fixed various text sizing and spacing issues.
- Transferring items between containers should be faster now.
- Lava and water should again go where you point to place them.
- Various tweaks to Add-Ons, including improvements to loading.
- Tweaked opacity of pop-up windows for easier reading.
- Tweaked enchanted golden apples so they have the correct amount of absorption health points.
- Worlds again displayed in the Play tab for Win 10 players with utf-8 symbols in their names.
- Fixed a crash when players with utf-8 symbols in their names tried to delete a world.
- FOV slider now shows the correct value.
- Stone blocks should now show up in all recipes when using the MCPE crafting screen.
- Fixed a game crash on startup if you had two monitors connected with different DPIs (Win 10 only).
- Android keyboard will no longer switch to the numeric keypad if you lock and unlock the screen (Android only).
- Creative search tab now selects the search box when switching tabs and when typing any character even if the box is not selected.
- No more crashing when eating mushroom stew!
- There is now an animation for throwing items.
- Realm names no longer overlap the number of players actively in the realm.
- Fixed a crash when your internet connection dies while using Replace World on Realms.
- Good news: guardians, wither skeletons & blazes respawn naturally again when switching from peaceful game mode to easy/normal/hard. Bad news: they will only do this in newly generated structures, not ones that have already been discovered.
- Fixed the Store getting stuck on “Getting products…” screen
- “Your home bed was missing or obstructed” message now appears if you die and your bed was destroyed.
- Fall momentum now saved even if you close & reopen a world.
- “Dye” button is displayed when trying to dye a sheep.
- Skeleton horse traps should now work correctly (multiple bug fixes).
- You now have to actually brew a potion to get the achievement.
- “Local Brewery”, “Monster Hunter” and “Archer” achievements fixed.
- Cycling through commands to get to the @ character now properly displays all available values.
- Magma cubes no longer take damage from water.
- Minecarts with chests/hoppers/TNT no longer get stuck halfway in a block if they run into it.
- Mobs can drown again.
- Lured mobs no longer push you around when you’re riding a pig/horse/mule/donkey.
- Wearing a pumpkin helmet prevents endermen from attacking you.
- Fixed a crash on mobile devices if game was launched without wi-fi enabled (MCPE only).
- Fixed arrow hit sound effect.
- TTS narrated messages are no longer interrupted by sending a new message.
- Sprinting fixed so it doesn’t stop unless hunger is low.
- Fixed a crash with the /drop command.
- The Wither is no longer hostile to wither skeletons and strays.
- Paintings can no longer run into each other at right angles.
- You can now make huge mushrooms from regular mushrooms!
- You can now drink milk in Creative mode.
- Baby zombies now drop loot upon death.
- Snow golems now attack silverfish.
- Villagers now turn into zombie villagers when they are killed by a husk.
- Now only adult cows can be milked.
- Potatoes and beetroot can once again be used to feed and breed pigs.
- Beetroots and beetroot stew appear in your Creative inventory.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting a world for Replace World for realms (iOS only).
- Mobs killed by tamed mobs will now drop XP.
- Untamed horses/mules/donkeys no longer follow you when you’re holding food.
- Fixed a bug that caused mining to go slowly after a player reconnected to a multiplayer game while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where you could use commands to have buckets place other blocks.
- Negative effects from splash potions no longer affect endermen (as they teleport away quickly).
- Cats no longer change their textures back to ocelots when worlds created before 0.16 are loaded.
- Fixed a bug where the villager reproduction rate was capped by something other than door count.
- Removed a bug where game would hang on a black screen during launch (Fire TV only).
- Fixed a bug where endermen would get angry even if you only looked at their torso.
Enjoy the best MCPE update yet!