Minecraft: Pocket Edition’s first build of the MCPE 1.0.5 beta is here.
This update introduces some amazing new features. A bunch more command have been added, but more importantly MCPE now has command blocks! Cue the confetti!
According to the Minecraft Wikia, command blocks can only be obtained through commands. You can use the command ‘
command_block‘ to get one.
MCPE 1.0.5 Beta Build 1 Changelog
- More commands (/title, /stopsound, /playsound, /clear, /difficulty, /effect, /me, /replaceitem, /spreadplayers, /testfor, /gamerule, /particle)
- Command blocks
- Minecart with command block
- Game rules
- Magnifying glass no longer appears over entered text in the Storage manager.
- Jump range of Magma Cubes fixed to correct value.
- Lapis Lazuli icon now in enchanting tables.
- Accuracy of fireball shots from Ghasts is now correct.
- Finally fixed the villagers & peaceful mobs despawning randomly bug!
- Mobs moving between chunk borders no longer despawn when a crash occurs.
- When a player’s position shifts when reloading a world, players will no longer get trapped & suffocate inside blocks.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when a command with targets was executed.
- Fixed a crash when trying to share a file after selecting cancel when trying to share previously.
- The share button for a single item now appears in the Storage menu.
- Fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when a player deleted content through the Storage manager.
- Fixed various issues with Storage.
- Pots are now getting the correct color for tinted plants placed in them.
- Fixed another bug that made chat messages appear twice in game chat.
- When the fill command is used to place blocks and then immediately destroy them, “phantom” blocks no longer appear.
- Help command now displays command description.
- Global resource packs should no longer be deactivated when creating a new world or relaunching the game (Android & Fire only).
- Fixed a crash which happened when loading some worlds.
- Hostile mob spawning rules no longer ignore the Y coordinate.
- Fixed a crash that happened sometimes when a player incorrectly used the /kill command.
- Plants no longer stay in a player’s inventory after being placed in a flower pot.
- Endermen again have idle sounds.
- The Beacon’s position is now correct when held in a player’s hand.
- End_portal is now listed as a valid block for the /fill command.
- Toast notifications for Xbox Live invites should now appear. (iOS only)
- Clients can no longer change world settings when far away from the host.
- Slash commands now execute correctly even if the cursor is not at the end of the line.
- Rails, beds, and cocoa no longer leave behind “ghost” items when using the /fill command.
- Controller now works for scrolling on Apple TV. (Apple TV only)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting the Choose New Skin button. (Gear VR only)
- Enchanted books again generate properly according to loot tables in dungeons/temples.
- Fixed packs sometimes being deleted after importing.
- Undead mobs again have their proper walking sounds.
- Fixed a crash on Realms when changing difficulty.
- Fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when a mob died.
How do I get the MCPE 1.0.5 beta?
Check out our article over here to learn how to join the MCPE beta program. It’s really easy, and you get all the cool new features before anyone else!